Generally your phone gets wet or falling in the water accidentally and you persuade that you have lost your phone.
In this article you will get some useful tips to instantly retrieve your phone from the possible damage that may be inflicted upon it.
- The most important and very first step is to take your phone out of the water as fast as you can. Then don’t press anything to see if it’s working. People immediately start switching buttons to turn their phone on. Well that is a really bad idea at this moment. Don’t use the phone at all.
- Remove the battery and cut all the power to the device to avoid a short circuit. If you keep your phone in a case, then dry the outside of the case and then remove it. Avoid shaking your phone as it will send water to other parts of the phone. Take the SIM and the memory card out of the phone and leave it to dry as well. Leave the battery cover open to dry the phone.
- Use a cloth to dry the external parts of the phone. Avoid fanning on your phone to dry it. It may cause water to go through into the other parts of the phone. Don’t unscrew/ disengage your phone or try to access the insides of your phone. Taking your phone aside may void your warranty by 100%.
- Now use a vacuum to absorb the water out of the phone. Make sure that you don’t scratch the phone or create a static charge from the vacuum.
- One interesting trick to dry your phone is to use uncooked rice. Use a zip lock bag and bury your phone in rice. The rice grains will suck sweat from your phone.
- Silica gel packs found in shoe boxes can also be used to absorb moisture. You can also use a phone drying bag that is available in the market. Have one ready at home for these accidents. Leave your phone for 24 to 48 hours to dry. Then check for any remaining sweat in your phone. When completely dry, turn your phone on and check for any strange noises from your phone. Check your phone’s screen to see if it’s working fine.
If the phone is not turning On then plug it to a charger and try again. This will help you to come to know that whether there is problem with the phone or the charger.